POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
18 May 2024 07:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Feb 2005 17:50:22
Message: <42151fae$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

> 'ground-breaking' image I thought I would see

maybe: "Hoped you might see?"

The image was exceptional in ways that Povers can learn from.  It is
true that we value technical, even conceptual "ground-breaking", but we
perceive it across one maybe two dimensions. This image resulted from
care and craftmanship through a range of dimensions.  It's that
accomplishment over a range of technical and pictorial concerns that is
not often equalled here.  Modeling, composition, lighting, scale,
orchestration of detail, space, atmosphere, pictorial language are all
used to modulate our experience and maintain our interest.